- Pavel Holoborodko on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- Jan Van lent on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- ChrisRackauckas on How Fast is Quadruple Precision Arithmetic?
- Len Freeman on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
- Jeff Paris & Alena Vencovska on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
Monthly Archives: March 2013
For a vector with elements the sample variance is , where the sample mean is . An alternative formula often given in textbooks is . This second formula has the advantage that it can be computed with just one pass … Continue reading
As predicted in my my preview post, this conference, held on the Boston waterfront, proved to be SIAM’s largest ever, with 1378 attendees. Over 1000 presentations were given in up to 20 parallel minisymposia at a time, but this did … Continue reading