- Pavel Holoborodko on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- Jan Van lent on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- ChrisRackauckas on How Fast is Quadruple Precision Arithmetic?
- Len Freeman on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
- Jeff Paris & Alena Vencovska on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Back in 1980 there were not many up to date books on numerical linear algebra. Stewart’s Introduction to Matrix Computations (1973) was a popular textbook, and was the text for the final year undergraduate course that I took on the … Continue reading
Last month we (Stefan Guettel, Nick Higham and Lijing Lin) organized a 2.5 day workshop Advances in Matrix Functions and Matrix Equations We had 57 attendees from around the world (see group photo): UK (19), Italy (7), USA (7), Germany … Continue reading