- Pavel Holoborodko on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- Jan Van lent on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- ChrisRackauckas on How Fast is Quadruple Precision Arithmetic?
- Len Freeman on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
- Jeff Paris & Alena Vencovska on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
Monthly Archives: February 2014
I began working on functions of matrices just over thirty years ago, when I was an MSc student, my original interest being in the matrix square root. In those days relatively little research had been done on the topic and … Continue reading
In mathematical typesetting we often use an ellipsis (three dots) to denote omission in an expression. It’s well known to users that an ellipsis is not typed as three dots, but rather as \dots or \cdots. The vertically centered \cdots … Continue reading