- Pavel Holoborodko on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- Jan Van lent on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- ChrisRackauckas on How Fast is Quadruple Precision Arithmetic?
- Len Freeman on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
- Jeff Paris & Alena Vencovska on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
Monthly Archives: August 2017
When I am testing an algorithm running in double precision arithmetic I often want to compare the computed solution with a reference solution: a solution that is fully accurate to double precision. To obtain one I solve the same problem … Continue reading
The relative error in a scalar as an approximation to a scalar is the absolute value of . I recently came across a program in which had been computed as . It had never occurred to me to compute it … Continue reading