- Pavel Holoborodko on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- Jan Van lent on The Strange Case of the Determinant of a Matrix of 1s and -1s
- ChrisRackauckas on How Fast is Quadruple Precision Arithmetic?
- Len Freeman on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
- Jeff Paris & Alena Vencovska on Christopher T. H. Baker (1939–2017)
Tag Archives: error_analysis
The relative error in a scalar as an approximation to a scalar is the absolute value of . I recently came across a program in which had been computed as . It had never occurred to me to compute it … Continue reading
For the last 30 years, most floating point calculations in scientific computing have been carried out in 64-bit IEEE double precision arithmetic, which provides the elementary operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division at a relative accuracy of about . … Continue reading